Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recipe: Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes

Since I am trying to stick mostly do Dr. McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss Program I avoid nuts/seeds/avocado, etc. to stay very low fat, but my toddler could use those things so I will post recipes that are, technically McDougall legal (though I do use vegan/soy free "butter" for him which is NOT McDougall legal on ANY of his programs), but I may not eat. But this was a hit with the picky toddler of this house!

I made up a batch and froze them in packages of 3 for quick and easy breakfasts and snacks.

Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 small, ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 TB smooth peanut butter (be sure to get the kind without trans fat, etc.)
1 cup fortified vanilla non dairy milk (I used original almond milk and added about 1/4-1/2tsp vanilla)

In a medium bowl combine flour and baking powder.
In a separate bowl cream together banana and peanut butter; stir in milk.
Pour banana mixture into flour and stir until well combined.

Use non stick spray (NOT McDougall) or veg butter (NOT McDougall) in a pan and drop spoonfuls into pan, cooking on both sides until cooked through.

From "Raising Vegetarian Children"


*I decided to take photos for things after I had packed up most of them, so this is just what is left of the baby's picking...not super pretty. ha*

pb banana pcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment