Sunday, December 5, 2010

Recipe: Corn Chowder

Is this thing on? Um sorry for the absence. I am usually not "that" blogger.

Anyway, I'm not going to make any excuses (okay, maybe I am...it was Thanksgiving!!! And then the day after! And then the week after. And I was lazy lol), but I've been struggling. I got down to about 142 (I started at 156-157 ish) and now I'm about 146. I'm so bummed. I've been staying vegan, but just really eating a lot of vegan junk food (added fat, nuts, avocado, sugar, processed vegan goodies, etc) which in no way helps my weight loss. I know this, but I felt like I was already giving up all the animal products, that I wanted to splurge some.

Anyway, I'm back on track as of....right...NOW! (yeah I even ate tofu in oil this morning at Whole Foods..)

And I just made this awesome corn chowder. I made it up, so here is what I did.

Ingredients
-one onion, chopped
-3 garlic cloves, chopped
-1bag (1lb) frozen yellow corn
-1 cup shelled frozen edamame
-1/2-1 c (I just poured and eye balled) bag of frozen chopped colored peppers (I would normally do fresh, but I wanted to make this super quickly and easily)
-about 6-8 small/medium yukon potatoes, chunked/chopped
-4 c veggie broth
-1 c non dairy milk (I used soy creamer I had that was going to go bad, which has a little too much fat, but I didn't want to waste it, next time I'll use rice milk)
-1 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (to taste)

1. soften the onions and garlic in a large pot with a little water as they cook.
2. Add in the veggie broth, chipotles, potatoes, frozen corn. Simmer for about 20-25 min or until potatoes are nice and soft.
3. Transfer some (as much as you'd like smooth) to a blender and puree.
4. transfer back and add in peppers and edamame and simmer for about another 15 min or so.

Super simple, So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment